Tuesday, September 23, 2008

GOD'S GLORY

FALL!!! I think it is the most beautiful time of year. As we wind down, from the busyness of summer, spending time with family, grandkids, gardening and harvest, we also see nature begin to wind down. To live in the Prairies is truly a gift from our heavenly Father. He blesses us here in Manitoba with 4 distinct seasons, and I enjoy them all. Just as the earth needs to rest, we need to as well. When we rush about our daily lives, Jesus is calling us to rest. To STOP and bask in the beauty and the wonder of his marvelous love. To be still, so we can hear his voice, and to walk in truth and obedience. I have learned that eveen in the chaos of our lives, we can leave it all in his hands, let go and "REST".

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest, Take my yoke upon you, and LEARN from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you WILL FIND `REST`for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I love fall too and think it may be my favourite - maybe having my birthday in October has created an affection for this season, but I agree, it's beautiful.

Unknown said...

My favourite season is fall as well. It was Martha's favourite also. I enjoy the cooler evenings for walking. the thing I love about summer are the long evenings.
i also prefer taking trips in fall, but you are right , the good Lord made them all.
Bertha

laura.h said...

I love, love, love, fall...mostly for the colors!

Laura

Nichole said...

Glad to see your blog is active again! Hope to see more posts coming!