Sunday, June 8, 2008

God is Faithful

We spent the last few days at our cabin at Lake Metigoshe, and I realized that my life change is more of an adjustment than I thought. Change, even though you are looking forward to it, can still affect us in ways we least expect. I still remember my daughter Erin,(my younest) leaving for Sweden after she graduated. My heart was torn in two. James Dobson describes it, as a literal tearing of the flesh. Although my experience this time was different, it brought about some depression. I have had a journey in my past with depression, and I find it a painful place to revisit. However, God always has much to teach me in that valley. He gives me a greater compassion for others in similar pain, and it is always a reminder of what he has brought me through.
"BECAUSE OF THE LORD'S GREAT LOVE, WE ARE NOT CONSUMED, FOR HIS COMPASSIONS NEVER FAIL. THEY ARE NEW EVERY MORNING. GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS" LAMENTATIONS 3:22 & 23

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,
Haven't viewed your blog till today. I think it's great. I know now where Jamie got her love of journalism. I just got a thought (HS) and believe you are destined to write a book. Maybe you'll do it before Jamie does. You definately know how to put words in print.
Sis Bertha God Bless