Wednesday, October 28, 2009

F.E.A.R.

"GOD HAS NOT GIVEN US THE SPIRIT OF FEAR, BUT OF POWER AND
LOVE AND A SOUND MIND" 2 TIMOTHY 1:7
That has really spoken to me lately. That the fear that I feel at times, comes directly from the enemy, and because JESUS has given me the authority and the power to overcome the enemy, I can tell Satan to BE
GONE. Since I was a small girl, I always wished that I knew how to swim. I remember going to the beach with friends, and not going in the water, because of fear. Well, about 20 years ago, I took a few lessons, and learned to float on my front and my back, but NOT in the deep water, so this year, in January I decided to take some swimming lessons. Well, after procrastinating, I finally decided to sign up. After encouragement from Grant to take private lessons, I called the Y in Brandon, and yesterday I had my first lesson. I was amazed at myself. I had prayed in the morning that I would sense God's peace. I was totally relaxed, and learned to tread water for the first time. Although that still needs a great deal of work. I am convinced that there is nothing a person cannot do, if GOD is in it. So, next week, I hit the deep water, with a floater that is. My desire is to eventually swim a lap. Thank you Courteny for your encouragement.

2 comments:

laura.h said...

Wow, there is so much that I take for granted. I love to swim and I'm so thankful that my parents pushed me to take lots of lessons when I was young! I can't imagine not knowing how to swim! Good for you for conguering this fear. You go girl!
Laura

Kim said...

Congrats on facing your fear of water.